You are ready to create your first invoice for a customer in QuickBooks Online (QBO). But the default invoice doesn’t quite look right. How can you customize invoices in QBO? Are there any tips on what to include so that your invoices will look beyond amazing?
We are here to share the basics on customizing your invoice settings and to share with you a couple of our favorite QBO tips!
Modify your invoice settings
1. In QuickBooks Online go to the Gear icon
2. Under YOUR COMPANY, go to Custom form styles
3. To create a new invoice template, click the New style button in the upper right-hand corner
4. Choose Invoice
5. Go to the Design tab to edit the template name, logo, color, font, and margins.
- Choose the style that best suits your needs
- Add your logo
- Modify the color scheme
- Choose your font
6. Go to the Content tab to edit the layout and fields
- Click the pencils on the right to edit each section
- Click or unclick the fields you want included
TIP: Click on Use custom transaction numbers if you want to be able to edit the invoice numbers directly on your invoice form
Tip: Click on Show on invoice if you want the account summary to be included (this is one of our favorite features in QBO!)
7. Go to the Emails tab to edit the default email to be sent with your invoices
With a few simple changes, you can successfully customize your invoices in QBO. You can have an invoice that looks amazing and reflects all the information you need to include.
Read more about QuickBooks Online (QBO) and the Beyond Team’s tips on the QBO Dashboard.