Have you ever forgot a password to something? I know I have! It seems like every day I’m making a new password for something and my brain can’t keep up! Here are instructions on how to fix the issue if you forget your password in Xero.
Resetting forgotten password
- Go to the Xero login page. Click on the Forgot your password? link.
- You should be directed to a new screen. Enter the email address you use to log in to Xero, then select the Send link button.
- Xero will send you an email containing a link to create a new password to log in with. Note: The link is valid for 48 hours and you’ll need to request a new one if you don’t use the link within that time. If it seems that the email from Xero has not arrived in your inbox, check your Junk or Spam folders. Sometimes emails from the @xero.com and @post.xero.com domain can get caught in spam filters.
- Once you have created a new password, log in to Xero using your new password.
Crisis averted! Now you can be on your way with your cloud accounting!
Changing your Xero Password
Perhaps you know what your Xero password is, but for one reason or another, you want to change the password. Often, users want to change to a stronger password to prevent entry from hackers.
In this instance, you can change your Xero password while you are logged into Xero:
- Within your Xero account, click on your initials or profile image, then click Account.
- Next to Password, click Change.
- Update the fields and then click Update preferences.
There are many other security features in Xero to keep your account safe. In addition to passwords, users can set up two-step authentication to keep their accounts secure. If you are interested in learning more tips and tricks in Xero, contact us to set up a consultation to discuss your specific needs.